Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Plans for Upcoming Events. Feedback?

I'm in the final planning stages for a few events, and i'd enjoy hearing people's feedback before I lock anything down:



STRICT DRESSCODE NIGHT

This one will be at the Eagle. I'm just waiting for the final agreed-upon date before sending out the full announcement. Here is the current plan for the dresscode:

One from each: FOOTWEAR, PANTS, TORSO:

FOOTWEAR:
Boots are required, Sneakers are okay with Sports Fetishwear

PANTS:
Leather, Rubber, Uniform, Sports, Jockstrap.  Jeans only with tall boots or with leather chaps.

TORSO:
Leather, Rubber, Uniform, Sports, Harness, Vest, Shirtless.  Cloth shirt only with Uniform, Sports or Skin

NO:
Cologne, sneakers, sandals, street shoes, suits, dress shirts, cotton pants, shorts, cell phones, cameras, illegal drugs.

Your thoughts?



DANCE NIGHT

Yes, we already have two sort-of dance nights that we can attend each month, without feeling too foolish or out of place - Bears Night at Bacchus House, and LL Bear at Richs.  In their own way, they are perfectly nice. However, they don't really ring my chimes, and here's why:

They create the space, and the ability to buy booze, and to provide sounds that are technically music. They don't take it to the next level, however:

They don't really care much if you enjoy yourself.  If you don't, it's your own fault. If you do, how nice for you.

Yes, I know, it's unfair to make that assumption.  I'm sure that the folks running these events are very nice guys, and they do their best. The problem is, I've been spoiled - I like events that are TRANSCENDENT. Parties that take you waaaay out of your concerns and considerations and take you (and your brothers around you) to an extraordinary level of real joy.

You know, like MY old Rampart dance parties at Shooterz.  

In order to get there:

- Everybody has to be on the same page. This is accomplished by having a Party Host, who is superb at creating a standardized Welcoming Message that clearly sets the tone.  I can do that.  If everybody attending is certain that they are wanted there, and welcome, then it changes the whole vibe of the event.  You know, just like every FMSD event so far.

- The music has to be joyful - Heavy on the Divas, lyrics, good times, familiarity and fun.  The sort of music that makes you scream out "Oh!  I LOVE this SONG! " and throws everybody onto the dance-floor because they can't avoid it.  As opposed to Music to Kill People By, or Trance, or this week's newest "product" being churned out like toothpaste. I have no interest in being Educated on New, Experimental Stuff by a DJ who can't relate to my experience.

- I want a consistent, dependable DJ who understands our demographic. I don't want a 22-year-old DJ that adores hip-hop the first time around, and a 130-beat-per-minute-for-five-hours-without-a-break twink the next time. I don't care much about Oldies, or a continuous diet of Disco Fever, but a little bit sprinkled here and there can be a nice surprise.

- I want lots of US.  I get tired of my boy and me being the only men in fetishwear in attendance, month after month.  Imagine the same men that you've seen at our events so far, and imagine us dancing in a sweaty crowd with all of our shirts off, hitting Diva Overload all at the same time, screaming with joy, with the energy spiraling through the roof. This used to happen multiple times, every Friday for 2-1/2 years. 400-600 men, all on their very best behavior. It stopped being MY party after about a month, and became EVERYBODY's party.  Men came from all over the world, specifically planning their vacation to include a night at Rampart, because it really was that good.

I'm unsure about location. I'd like the first dance-party to be at Bourbon Street, because they have a DJ there who plays exactly the kind of music I would like to hear. The dance-floor is small, but it's a fun place to dance. If there will be other such events, we will have lots of bigger dance-floors to choose from.

Feedback?

No comments:

Post a Comment