Thursday, August 19, 2010

What’s Papa Tony's Motivation?

What’s Papa Tony's Motivation?

Periodically, the question arises - What is the point of all of this energy being poured into public events?  Am I doing it to get paid, or to get laid? Nope.

I went through twelve years of Catholic school. When I got out, I ran to find the fastest crowd available, and I found them: gay leathermen in their 40’s, 50’s, 60’s and above.  I was an angry punk, and their mentoring helped me to become a better man. I had a big, extended and super-supportive Leather family.

They’re all dead now.  I’m the only survivor.

AIDS hit us harder, earlier and faster than any other demographic, and for a while, I was attending two or three funerals a WEEK. I lost over 140 important friends, lovers, mentors, leaders, mentors and role-models before I finally stopped counting.

This experience has scarred me permanently, and when I create a series of “safe spaces” where gay fetishmen can come together in trust and brotherhood, I’m re-creating what I loved so much in the old days. 

For a while, I’m healed again.

So, if anybody ever tries to to tell you the “secret, real reason” for Papa Tony's peculiar behavior, refer them to this web-page.

No comments:

Post a Comment