Sunday, September 5, 2010

Folsom Buddies?

Folsom Street Fair is coming up very soon (Sunday, September 26, 2010), and many men will be attending for the first time.  From past experience, I know how lonely an experience it can be to explore such a HUGE public event, all by yourself.

So, if you are planning to attend, and are open to the idea of being with a group of fellow San Diego men to wander with, and explore and to point out real eye-catching displays to each other, then just reply to this message and I'll compile the list and get the group together.

I won't be attending, myself. As much as I want to, I can't really justify the expense. Business has been super-sucky, and I'm still doing penance for the many years I traveled to every major event using our household money. I was head photographer at IML for a few years, I have been to the Folsom Street Fair many times, I've judged/emceed/tallymastered at least sixty titleholder contests, I've been Guest Lecturer at many out-of-state events, and I've never received a single penny from anybody else. So, it has been hard on our personal finances. My 100% vanilla husband has had the patience of a saint for putting up with this for the last two decades.

If anyone has any interest in attending a kinky (non-sexual) play-party while in town for Folsom Street Fair weekend, let me know. I can probably get you on the list. The streets get VERY EMPTY on the night before the Street Fair, because everybody is on some sort of list for a party, and if you ain't on the list beforehand, you won't get in!

In the old days, I used to host Shopping Tours of the South of Market District on the day before Folsom Street Fair. I would take about twenty San Diego men walking around to Mister S LeatherStompers Boots, Butler's Uniforms (sadly out of business), Bear Magazine headquarters, and several other leather-related shops. It was a lot of fun, but the tour always veered out of control at the very end. I'd try to walk the group past a Lighting Fixtures warehouse, and the group would stop DEAD, veer off track and go inside the store, saying "OH! Look at those SCONCES!"  :->   Hey - we may be kinky, but we're still gay!

No comments:

Post a Comment