Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Social Column

Lordy, lordy - So MUCH is happening in San Diego's community!  This message looks short, but it is packed FULL with more information than I've ever posted before, hidden in the links. This is digital information piled to the ceiling, metaphorically speaking. 

I'm going to take a moment to talk about the overall pattern that I'm perceiving:

-=-=-=-=- 2012 IS OUR BEST YEAR EVER

I couldn't help myself - I had to write a long article to gush about what I see as the reasons why we should be so joyful in San Diego. I was inspired by Anthony Ovaldson, Preston Steel, Eli Correa, Pup Beep and Hector Reyes, who competed for the title of Mr. San Diego Eagle 2012, by the staff, tallymasters and volunteers at the Eagle (and the wonderful Roxie, our emcee for the evening), the wise and prestigious judges, and by the superb crowd of attendees who were so numerous and yet so kind, unified and supportive. There was a line of men waiting to get in that reached the next street corner, and I'm guessing that at least a hundred more folks drove by, saw the line and decided to go home. How do I know? I heard from a lot of them.


-=-=-=-=- CELEBRATION OF LIFE FOR BOY JOE CROTEAU

From: Daddy Don

March 10, 2012 7:00pm until 9:00pm.  Numbers 3811 Park Blvd.

Please help me celebrate the life of my partner, Joe Croteau. Show him how much we miss him and love him. Let's give him the festive night he wanted. This will be a benefit for the Benjamin F. Dillingham Fund, which provides financial aid to those who cannot afford the funeral expenses of their loved one. $ 5 suggested donation, but no one will be turned away. Entertainment and food will be provided.

-=-=-=-=- LEATHERFOLKS WIN EMPRESS AND EMPEROR TITLES FOR SAN DIEGO

Mr. San Diego Leather 2011 Kurt attended the 2012 Imperial Court de San Diego's 2012 Coronation ball, and wrote a very nice synopsis. He did a great job, so check it out!

-=-=-=- GAY-FRIENDLY HOTELS, CONTINUED

Here is what I was sent about gay-friendly places to stay in San Diego:

The Lafayette on El Cajon Blvd is the perfect place - Bill

Kimpton Hotels have an LGBT rate, which is the Hotel Solamar and the Hotel Palomar, but you'll have to call them to ask for the rate since I don't have the right booking code to do it online.  Then there is always the Lafayette Hotel on El Cajon Blvd. - Chris

-=-=-=-=- SIZE 11 WESCO BOOTS FOR SALE

Hi Tony! I thought you'd be a good resource to find a new owner of my 18" wesco boots, size 11. You are well connected and might know of someone looking to purchase a pair of seldom worn boots. I am 5'10 and 18" is too tall for my comfort. If you don't know of anyone, is there an online boot forum I could try? Thanks in advance for your help!  Joshua Thompson <joshua928@gmail.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment