Table of Contents
I. The Eagle this Week
II.Rope Intensive Workshop
II.Rope Intensive Workshop
III. San Diego Leather Pride 2018
IV. Upcoming Community Events
V. From ME to YOU
I. What's up at the Eagle?This week at the Eagle, a few great events are coming up!
Mardi Gras @ The Eagle
Tuesday, February 13
Time: 7PM to Close
Celebrate Mardi Gras at the Eagle! Enjoy some Gumbo and themed cocktails (think Hurricanes), and spend time with your friends and family here!
Valentine's Day - Mr. Right (or Right Now)
Wednesday, February 14
Time: 9PM to Close
A very special V-Day at the Eagle. Special Event UNDERWEAR PARTY & CONTEST! Come out in your best red. You never know, you might find Mr. Right... or Mr. Right-Now. Come on out!
Friday, February 16
Time: 9 to Midnight
This Month FMSD is hosting our Impact Play demo at the Eagle the same night as the Contest Meet & Greet! Beat and Great? Come on out and meet the contestants for this years Mr. San Diego Eagle 2018 contest!
Mr. San Diego Eagle 2018 Contest
Saturday, February 17
Time: 10 to Close
It's that time of year again where we pass the sash to the next Mr. San Diego Eagle! Come on out and support two of the contestants who just so happen to be members of Fetish Men San Diego! It's sure to be a great night of fun for everyone!
II. Rope Bondage Intensive - Sunday, February 18
Enough people have mentioned an interest in wanting to learn the basic of Rope Bondage that Doriam will be putting on a 1-Day Intensive in North Park! The workshop will take place on Sunday, February 18, 2018.
"Hi folks! I am excited to share my experience with you! This workshop will be 6 hours. Bring snacks and I'll show you how I make rope kinky! "The workshop will cover safety, starter ties, chest harnesses, hitches, hip harnesses, restraints and hog ties - time permitting, I would like to show you how you can incorporate types of play into your rope as well.
If you'd like to attend, please email DoriamFMSD@GMail.com and I will gladly send you the address!
If you are interested in attending, here are a few ground rules/guidelines to follow:
- You do NOT have to have any foundation in rope to attend this workshop. I will teach as though everyone is brand spanking new. If you HAVE experience, you are welcome to attend and help me in being eyes/ears/hands when able!
- DO NOT BUY YOUR OWN ROPE. If you are adamant about buying your own rope, I will be happy to tell you what to purchase - otherwise, I have plenty to share. If you already have your own rope, feel free to bring it and I can let you know my thoughts day-of.
- Expect to TIE and BE TIED. Since we are on a time constraint we need everyone's participation - plus, getting tied makes you a better Rigger in my experience.
- The venue is a private facility (my home), please do not share the location with others. If someone would like to attend, have them contact me directly, thank you.
- This workshop is "Pay What You Will." This means, if you are interested in attending there is no FEE to do so, however if you feel that you would like to donate to FMSD/Me for hosting the event it would be greatly appreciated. This is a skill I have worked several years to finesse and am happy to educate on.
- This is a 6 Hour Intensive workshop, we will likely have breaks here and there, but for the most part we will be going the entire time. I recommend bringing snacks, water, blankets, etc. Please arrive on time ("if you're on time, you're already late" mentality) because I will start right at Noon on Sunday.
III. San Diego Leather Pride!
Mark your calendars! San Diego Leather Pride is just around the corner! The week kicks off (officially) on Wednesday, March 14 2018 with Tiger's Pictionary!!
Thursday. March 15 is All Club's Night & the Leather Olympics! If you're interested in being a part of this years 4-Man team contact Scott at FetishMenSanDiego@GMail.com! This is a fun way to represent our club while still having a great time among the rest of our community!
Friday Night, March 16th from 4-5pm is the Leather Pride Flag Raising, followed by the opening ceremonies for SDLP Weekend and a blessing by the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. Plus! This will be your first time to meet the contestants for this years Mr. & Ms. San Diego Leather, and San Diego Boot Black 2018! Following "Meet the Contestants" stick around for ~TWISTED~ a fetish dance party like no other from 9pm to 1am!
Care to find more information about SDLP? Check out this blog post submitted by AJ and Buster!
Also, if you have the opportunity be sure to cheer Ben and Doriam on as they run for Mr. San Diego Leather this year! They are happy to share their platforms with you, and would love your support in their title runs!
IV. Upcoming Community Events
Monday, February 12- SDLP: Your Seat at the Table! #SDLP2018
Time: 7PM to 9PM
Cost: Free to attend
Location: Pleasures & Treasures
Description: Have you ever considered running for a title? Bar? Local? Regional? International? Perhaps you've been curious as to what titleholders DO? Well this is a great opportunity for you to ask current and past titleholders just that!
Friday, February 16 - FMSD: Impact Demo
Time: 9PM to Midnight
Cost: Free to attend, support the venue!
Location: San Diego Eagle
Description: Join us on Friday, February 16 at the San Diego Eagle for our monthly demo night! This month, we'll be introducing you to the wonderful world of Impact play including Flogging, Spanking, and Paddles!
Sunday, February 25 - FMSD: Switching + Potluck Social
Time: 5PM to 8PM
Cost: $5 requested donation, in-person to via PayPal
Location: "Tom's Place", Email DoriamFMSD@GMail.com for address
Description: Closing out February, we will host our bi-monthly potluck! And one of our very own FMSD members will prompt an open discussion about Switching! For those of you who don't know what a Switch it, this discussion will be enlightening about the inbetween of being a Top or a bottom, a Dominant or a submissive, and people who are BOTH at any given time! For those not interested in participating in the discussion, the space will accommodate those who simply want to share space amongst brothers and enjoy the potluck!
March? Well you certainly like to plan ahead!
March 11 - FMSD: Fisting Workshop!
March 25 - FMSD: Discussion TBD
March 30 - Cruze by FMSD! A Men's Fetish & Cruising Party!
IV. From ME to YOUHowdy Folks!
Thank you for your patience, I know I haven't been posting much but my head had been stormed with all of the Prep for SDLP! I apologize. I promise, things will start settling down and I will find my way back to consistency with the blog. I appreciate the patience :)
If you are someone who has a knack for content writing, and would like to help me with this, please let me know! I would love to teach someone how to run the blog and keep this up to date while we focus on providing even MORE events for you alL!