This weekend is fully-packed with exciting events, but widely separated, so it will be hard to choose between the Rodeo in Palm Springs, Phurfest in Phoenix, and the very first Long Beach Leather Pride (details below). If you stick around town, the long-awaited men-only Meet and Beat will be on Friday evening, and the Cigars & Boots event is on Sunday afternoon. Even if you don't smoke or wear boots, it's a hell of a nice event that I never miss.
Since the last few times I announced this went so well, I'll do it again:
If you care about the future of our community, if you want to make a difference, if you want to work to make San Diego's Tribe even better, then you might want to arrive an hour early (at 4PM) at the Redwing on Sunday. Last month, we had a big crowd of men who gathered around one dinky little table. It was funny, but kind of heart-warming. NOBODY wanted to leave that table and be separated, so we formed a huge circle, shoulder to shoulder, with the table several feet away in the center. We were all of one mind, and it was a perfect example of how our town has changed for the better. This Sunday, I'll be making some proposals for some big events (a year or so away) that will require some teamwork and coordination. We also finalizing the plans for some surprising, different stuff coming up in the next few months that hasn't been mentioned in public yet.
If you haven't been out much lately, you're perfectly normal, and there is nothing wrong. We all tend to get caught up in the daily grind, we get tired, we get distracted. On the other hand, if you do come out to one of our events, you'll find that you have a high likelihood of being pleased about it afterward. If anything, the Tribal spirit is growing even stronger, and the level of trust has been increasing. The men who have been involved in FMSD events the longest, tend to be the happiest guys around.
-=-=-=-=- UPCOMING EVENTS -=-=-=-=-
* Events marked with an asterisk are mixed male/female events, usually hosted by Club X, which is a very large, very reputable and very wonderful pansexual club in San Diego. FMSD is focused on gay-male interests, always and forever, but we also support all other local kinky groups that may attract some of our members. Everybody can use some brotherhood!
April 29-May 1 - Combined Palm Springs/San Diego Rodeo in Palm Springs
April 29-30 - Long Beach Leather Pride & Mr. Long Beach Leather Contest
April 28-May 2nd; Phoenix Phurfest 2011
Friday, April 29, 8:30PM-1AM: MEN-ONLY FRIDAY NIGHT BEAT AND GREET, downtown, hosted by Bryan Teague - American Leatherboy 2010, tiger - Ms San Diego Leather 2010, caryl - San Diego's premier Sea Monkey Trainer, and Mike Underwood - San Diego's very own Curmudgeonly teddy bear. The Men-Only version is on the FIFTH Friday of each month, such as July 29, September 30, and (possibly) December 30th for 2011.
Sunday, May 1, 5-8PM: CIGARS & BOOTS at Redwing, hosted by California LeatherSir Miles B. First Sunday of each month, out on the patio at Redwing. Unbelievably congenial crowd… Like nothing you've ever seen. The perfect Gentlemen's Club vibe. You'd think these men have been best friends for decades, and there's room for more, so come on over and mingle freely…
* May 7: Saturday Intensive (advanced) Workshops held from 12 noon to 5:30pm at Joyce Beers. Topics will be Consensual Slavery, Trust and Faith in the Master/slave Dynamic, and You Hit Like a Girl: Dispelling the Myths of size, gender and strength in Impact Play.
* May 8: Leather/BDSM Motorcycle Run - Salton Sea ride in May, email@example.com for info
Saturday, May 7, 9PM-2AM; BearNight Dance at Numbers. $5 cover. First Saturday of each month. Lots of leathermen attend this event…
Friday, May 13, 9PM-1AM: DRESS IT UP/STRIP IT DOWN at the Eagle. This has become the biggest fetishmen event in San Diego every month! As many as 300 men come cycling through the bar during the course of this event on the second Friday of each month, and many of us are dressed (or undressed) to impress! Here are a few reviews, if you haven't been to one yet. This month's theme is WEARING AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE, so, if you're not shy, we really want to see it. Here are some pictures from October, February, March and April. Notice how HAPPY everybody is. You deserve to be that happy too.
May 19, 8-11PM; Yellow Hanky Night at the Eagle. Third Thursday of each month.
* Friday, May 20, 8:30PM-1AM: FRIDAY NIGHT BEAT AND GREET, downtown, hosted by Bryan Teague - American Leatherboy 2010, tiger - Ms San Diego Leather 2010, caryl - San Diego's premier Sea Monkey Trainer, and Mike Underwood - San Diego's very own Curmudgeonly teddy bear. Third Friday of each month.
May 21-22; Long Beach Pride
May 27 - May 30; International Mr. Leather 2011 weekend in Chicago.
* June 4: Club X Play Party featuring Simon Blaise presenting "Blaise Wrap" -- Cling Play/Polyvinyl Suspensions
June 10-12; Los Angeles Pride
June 25-26; San Francisco Pride
July 15-17, San Diego Pride
July 28-30; International Leather Sir/boy/Community Boot Black in San Francisco, leading into...
July 31; Dore Alley/Up Your Alley Street Fair