Friday, November 30, 2012

Upcoming Events

As always, check the FMSD monthly calendar-at-a-glance that contains news about ALL known upcoming events.

This newsletter is LATE by several days, and I apologize.  I work for myself, and after months of slow business, things heated up and got all frantic.  I'm snatching a few moments here and there to get the word out today. I'm slowly setting up a system so that others can help me with the tedious stuff that tends to slow me down when processing data for the newsletter.

There is much, MUCH more that I could have included in this newsletter. I have a big ol' pile of backlogged articles, pictures and exciting news that I may get around to posting when I finally have a chance. 


For those of you who were intrigued by my recent announcement of something completely new that was happening this last Wednesday, here is the story of what happened.

This is quite the frantically-busy week of events - Don't let ANYBODY tell you that the scene in San Diego is dead! We had 26 events for the month of November.

Tonight, Friday the 30th:

- 8:30PM SHARP, we will be meeting at the front door of the DMV in Hillcrest, in order to ride-share to the Men-Only Beat and Greet in Downtown San Diego.

Tomorrow, Saturday, December 1st:

- 4pm, we will be at Bourbon Street at 4612 Park Blvd for the Cigars & Boots Social.

Sunday, December 2nd:

- 10am, Whip Practice in the Park at Morley Field

- On Sunday at 5PM, it's the Social Event of the Season!


The Meatball Turkey Day Dinner is the big, jam-packed fundraiser at the Center at 3909 Centre St. that brings out enormous amounts of good-willed people.  The main Auditorium is generally sold-out. You can still get tickets, but hurry!  It's the only fundraiser I've ever seen where there is a line outside of folks hoping to get in. They always make a LOT of superb food, but they tend to run out because of the massive crowds.


Mr. San Diego Leather 2012 Aaron tells me that he and his team have gathered ENORMOUS quantities of donated items for the Silent Auction - It's probably the biggest collection that I have ever heard of, and I've been paying attention since around 1984. This tells me that San Diego's community is eager to contribute and celebrate some very good times together.

UPDATE:

The events on Wednesday, December 25th, have been canceled, for rather obvious reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment