Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Upcoming Events, Version 2.0



THIS NEWSLETTER HAS RADICALLY CHANGED!

Thanks to the excellent advice of the wise and wonderful Race Bannon in San Francisco, I'm doing a complete re-thinking of how the FMSD team will be putting out news about upcoming events so that:

- it doesn't take so much darned energy and time.

- There will be a month-at-a-glance calendar, and

- It will work properly and update automatically on any device.

Things will be very different from this point onward, but my intention is to make this process a lot easier, simpler and quicker for all concerned.  I'd like to spread the work around a bit more, so that it's not all on my shoulders.  I have many, many dear friends that want to help, and soon, they will be able to!

Click here to check out the beta version FMSD Events calendar-at-a-glance. Please help me test it out, and give your feedback. I'd like to streamline it thoroughly.

The most important thing for me is to find out if you are able to CLICK LINKS within the calendar that bring you directly to a web-page that gives full details with pictures.  

- If not, please tell me what platform you are viewing it on. 


- If yes, send me a screen-shot of the link as you see it before clicking on it.

From now on, I'm only sending out a weekly newsletter that merely announces anything new or interesting, and you will only have to click on the permanent calendar link to see EVERYTHING.

IN BRIEF:

Tonight's Planning Meeting  (6PM), Men's Discussions (7PM), and Puppy Night (9PM) are all still happening, just as planned.


This weekend is going to be NUTS at the Eagle - I'm predicting a line outside on both Friday and Saturday night. It's their Tenth Anniversary Weekend, and it's all about gear, with a contest and prizes.

Friday is the Beat and Greet.

Saturday is the LL Bear Dance Party.

Sunday is the Women's Gear Social. I would love to see LOTS of my kinky brothers in gear, as our sisters have requested.


CORRECTION: 

I got the date wrong in last week's newsletter for the BearNight Dance. It's December 1st, not the 8th.

RECENT ARTICLES



Audio Lecture: How To Build Real Community in the Internet Age. I gave this talk last weekend in Palm Springs, and recorded it.

Delightful Cartoons: If you're a big fan of fantasy, humor and all-over-the-place sexuality.

RECENTLY-ADDED EVENTS:

Inter-Club Holiday Party, Friday, December 7,  7:00 pm  to 9:30 pm

Leather And Lace Benefit, Sunday, December 9, beginning at 5PM at Numbers, 3811 Park Blvd

Pre-Harness Party Dinner: Friday, Dec. 14, 5:30PM on the patio at DiMille's Italian Restaurant

LET THEM EAT CAKE: Aaron’s Birthday Celebration, Saturday, January 19, 2013 from 4-7PM

Titleholder Boot CampSunday, January 20, 2012 from 11AM – 6PM



No comments:

Post a Comment