• Bargain Center. Excellent selection of Army-Navy Surplus gear and boots. Since the store has been one block away from the Eagle for decades, the crew that works there is completely gay-friendly and very willing to help you find obscure stuff, if you simply ask.
• Big Black Boots. Normally, Rich and the team only sell online… at BOOT.COM - Cool domain-name, huh? However, they are a tried-and-true resource for kinky boots, and they DO allow local men to try a pair on before committing to buy, unlike online-only stores. I know lots of very satisfied men wearing their boots.
• California Uniform. A good source for uniform-style gear, just down the street from Numbers. They will NOT sell you badges, patches, or other stuff that is illegal to sell to civilians, but they are a great source for leather inspection gloves, belts, pants, epaulette uniform shirts and the like. I buy my uniform shirts there and have them tailor them for me right away.
• San Diego Leather Jacket Company, in National City. I posted a full review here. They've got a cool domain-name, too - Leather.com!
• L & A Tailoring, near the corner of 30th and University. I posted a full review here.
CUSTOM LOCAL LEATHERCRAFTERS
Moose Leather - Steve (stevewendt @cox.net) has been making gear for decades, and so has Mark (hawgs @cox.net) at Hard Labor Leather. They work out of their homes.