This will be a very interesting and dynamic lecture and discussion:
- What is sexual assault, who can be a victim/survivor, who can be a perpetrator
- What is consent – especially as it relates to leather/BDSM, legally, and more broadly
- Signs that someone is no longer consenting
- When and how does play and sex become non-consensual
- How do you make sure that you don’t cross negotiated boundaries, watch for un-negotiated limits, and maintain SSC play at all times
- Issues that come up with law enforcement and prosecution of sexual assault cases that involve BDSM
Liat Wexler is Training Specialist at Center for Community Solutions and has more than 10 years of experience as a trainer and working on hotlines, facilitating support groups, and serving on the board of sexual assault and partner abuse organizations. Liat became an active member of the BDSM community in Boston in 2004, getting involved with the Fetish Fair Fleamarket™ and the New England Leather Alliance, as well as The Network/La Red – an organization working to end partner abuse in LGBTQ, polyamorous, and BDSM communities. Liat regularly trains new staff and volunteers on issues specific to LGBTIQ survivors and has recently provided training to some of the staff about how to competently help survivors who engage in kink, fetish, leather, and BDSM.